Friday, June 10, 2016

Stimulating Cinema on a Rainy Day

Election (1999)

   Yesterday was a rainy day, so in lieu of getting all wet I binge watched some movies on Netflix. The one that resonated with me was this MTV Films production starring Reese Witherspoon, Matthew Broderick, and Chris Klein. It definitely held the 90s movie standard. It was kinda ridiculous, but actually realistic. And before I go any further, I have to say that I love these movies like Pecker, Rushmore, and the not so realistic Joe's Apartment.
   But back to the movie, I can't stop thinking about the underlying theme that Reese Witherspoon's character was using her sexuality to gain power over everyone. It was hot. She was so sexual because she was naive until she brushed the hand of her instructor, Matthew Broderick's character. Then the movie took a turn where I couldn't decide if she was intentionally sexual, or if it was the older men around her that made it seem that way.
   Either way, I will be watching this again. It was an unsuspecting film that caught my attention. And I have to figure out if I missed something in the Lolita aspect!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment