Thursday, June 9, 2016

Today is Unofficially National Sex Day

The World is Celebrating Sex Day
    According to UrbanDictionary.com, June 9th is National Sex Day. The reasoning behind this new celebratory day is that the date is 6/9 and that resembles the 69 sex position. And it may just be one of the best holidays in creation because the way to celebrate.... 
    Wait for it....
.................
Is by having sex!!
    Truth be told, I had no idea about this particular day until I woke up today. But one can't help take note of it when it fills up the trending portion of all of their social media outlets.
    So why am I writing about this instead of doing the deed?
    Well, being a sex worker, as well as a sex addict of sorts, I feel it's my duty to mention it. And on the same note, I want to complain too. 
    Why is this only just becoming a thing?! Sex is the basis of our fucking existence!! How is it not already a largely celebrated, educated, and appreciated ceremony like the Olympics? I mean, if we're supposed to be ashamed of the very thing that created us, and not talk about it, then how are we supposed to communicate with others about ANYTHING when we have to tiptoe around the most basic subject? 
    Overall I'm excited for this to be a trendy thing, and I hope that it's not just that. I just can't help thinking back on the evolution of humans with a melancholic disdain due to a habit we created out of shame for our bodies.
    So go get your fuck on and tell me all about it. I want to treat this like Christmas next year and start some kind of tradition.
        AskMen.com Article            Urban Dictionary Definition 

No comments:

Post a Comment